Saturday 20 September 2014

Interview with Josh Lacey

Hello!

Here is a interview with Josh Lacey who I was telling you about eailer:


What do you write?
I mostly write books for children. My first book was A Dog Called Grk; it is the story of a boy called Timothy Malt who finds a lost dog in the street and decides to return him to his owners. I've now written eight books about Tim and Grk, and their adventures in different countries around the world. I've written several other children's books too, including Bearkeeper, The Island of Thieves, The Sultan's Tigers and The Dragonsitter.

Do you get fan mail?
One of the nicest things about writing books is that I get emails and letters from all over the world. Some of them simply ask a question, wanting to know how old I am or what my favourite food might be. Others make a comment about one of my books, ask advice about their own writing or just tell me something interesting. I always enjoy reading them - and always reply, although it can take me a few days or even weeks if I'm in the middle of writing a book.

Can we contact you?
Yes, please do. If you go to my website, you'll find a contact page. Here's the link:
http://www.joshlacey.com/contact/contact/email.php

What is your latest book?
I'm writing a series of books about two kids, Eddie and Emily, who look after their uncle's dragon whenever he is away. The first in the series was called The Dragonsitter. The fourth book, The Dragonsitters's Island, was published earlier this year, and the fifth, The Dragonsitter's Party, will be published next March.

What tips would you give to want-to-be writers?
My main piece of advice would be very simple: you should read. Read anything; read everything. Read as much as you can. And once you've read so much that words are coming out of your ears, then perhaps it's time to start writing.

Who is your inspiration?


I haven't been inspired by any particular person, but I have been inspired by the books that I've loved. The Tintin books, for instance, written and illustrated by HergĂ©, I have read and loved for almost my entire life, and they've been a big influence on my own writing. I just wish I was as good an artist as HergĂ©. I'd love to be able to illustrate my own books. I still read all the time, but I've never loved any books as much as the ones that I read when I was a kid - and that's probably why I write books for kids now. 


I hope you liked that.

No comments: